We are half-way through September, and that means some of us are already thinking about how to get their spook on for Halloween. Well, there are plenty of places around the country that offer the Haunted House experience and now a new report reveals the best ones out there, and when they’ll be opening this year. Hauntworld Magazine, the world’s largest directory of haunted houses and horror attractions, has come out with their list of the Top 13 Scariest Haunted Houses in the U.S. Houses on the list “promise thrill seekers the ultimate scream-filled experiences at every turn.”
Heads up, you'll have to drive to check one of these out, because there are none on the list here in Florida.
Topping the list is Pennhurst Asylum in Spring City, Pennsylvania. Visitors get to explore a huge campus of abandoned buildings through dark and twisted paths and catwalks. Pennhurst is known for its paranormal activity so it encourages visitors to explore and investigate. It opens on September 24th.
Hauntworld Magazine's list of Top 13 Haunts of 2022
- Pennhurst Asylum, Spring City, PA (opening 9/23)
- 13th Gate, Baton Rouge, LA (9/30)
- HellsGate, Lockport, IL, (9/30)
- The Darkness, St. Louis, MO (9/24)
- Eloise Asylum, Westland, MI (9/17)
- The Dent Schoolhouse, Cincinnati, OH (9/16)
- Bennett's Curse, Baltimore County, MD (9/30)
- Kersey Valley Spooky Woods, Archdale, NC (9/24)
- Headless Horseman Haunted Attractions, Ulster Park, NY (9/24)
- Hundred Acres Manor, Bethel Park, PA (9/9)
- Georgetown Morgue, Seattle, WA (9/23)
- Salt Lake Fear Factory, Salt Lake City, UT (9/9)
- Factory of Terror, Canton, OH (9/23)
Read a whole bunch more from Hauntworld by clicking HERE.